A Practical Guide for Evaluation. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE.
by Barrington, G. V. & Triana-Tremain, B. (2022)
This book is an introductory text on the concepts and practice of evaluation for both students and practicing evaluators. Clearly organized, each chapter offers classic frameworks, newapproaches, examples, a case study with an equity focus, useful graphics and tables, a quick interview with an evaluation expert, and critical thinking questions, student challenges and additional resources. The final chapter addresses key issues today includingglobal and environmental issues, identity and social issues (including race, culture and ethnicity) and the organizational and structural barriers that stand in the way of the work evaluators do. A new stance is suggested along with a useful model and a checklistof related activities.
Teaching You, Teaching Me: The Power of Photovoice During the Pandemic
Reflective Practice: Moving Intention into Action
Grounding the 2018 AEA Evaluator Competencies in the Broader Context of Professionalization
Ayoo, S., Wilcox, Y., LaVelle, J. M., Podems, D., & Barrington, G. V. (2020). Grounding the2018 AEA Evaluator Competencies in the broader context of professionalization. In J. A.King (Ed.), The American Evaluation Association’s Program Evaluator Competencies.New Directions for Evaluation,2020, 13-30.
The Buffalo Jump: Lessons After the Fall
- Barrington, G.V. (2018). “The Buffalo Jump: Lessons After the Fall.” Evaluation Failures. Hutchinson, K. (ed.) SAGE. pp. 15-21.
Entries on External Consultants & External Evaluation—The SAGE Encyclopedia of Educational Research, Measurement, and Evaluation
- Barrington, G.V. (2018.) Entries on “External Consultants,” and “External Evaluation.” The SAGE Encyclopedia of Educational Research, Measurement, and Evaluation. Frey, B. (ed.) London, SAGE.
Professionalizing Evaluation in the Government of Canada: How PHAC and HC Did It
Case study site selection: Using an evidence-based approach in health care settings
- Barrington, G., Shimoni, R., Legaspi, A. (2014.) “Case study site selection: Using an evidence-based approach in health care settings.” SAGE Research Methods Cases. SAGE Publications Ltd. Online ISBN: 9781446273050.
View from the Credentialing Board: Where We’ve Been and Where We’re Going
Addressing the needs of diverse distributed students
Consulting Start-up and Management: A Guide for Evaluators and Applied Researchers
- Barrington G.V. (2012.) Consulting Start-up and Management: A Guide for Evaluators and Applied Researchers. Thousand Oaks: SAGE.
The Lay of the Land: Evaluation Practice in Canada in 2009
- Gauthier, B. Barrington, G.V., Bozzo, S. L., Chaytor, K., Dignard, A., Lahey, R., Malatest, R. McDavid, J. C., Mason, G., Mayne, J., Porteous, N.L., Roy, S. (2010.) The Lay of the Land: Evaluation Practice in Canada in 2009. The Canadian Journal of Program Evaluation Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 1-49.